Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tummy Time

N: Uh, so hi. My name is Newman and ... I'm the new guy. Uh...
L: Newman, what's wrong?
N: I don't know what to say.
D: But Mom gave you a good week to come up with something.
N: Yeah but I still don't know what to say.
L: Talk about your experiences in the pet store.
D: Or say something about eating new foods.
L: Or your favorite things.
N: Well, I do like lima beans.
D: There's something.
N: And I don't mind the belly kisses. And speaking of belly kisses, why does Mom pick me up all the time to show off my tummy? What exactly is cream filling anyway?
L: I think it has something to do with your white tummy since you have a black coat.
N: But you both have white tummies too.
D: But our tummies are the same color as our backs. And you're younger so your coat is silkier.
N: Oh, so it that why you keep sticking your feet under my belly?
L: Well partly. You're also the new guy. So yeah.
N: I can't believe this! My tummy has turned to the topic for today.